Copyright © 2016 High Peak Courses Ltd (subsidiary of Jura Carbon Ltd.). Registered Address at: Harold Smith Chartered Accountants, St. Asaph Business Park, Denbighshire, LL17 0JA.
Tel: +44 (0) 1663 635226 or +44 (0) 7980 545231
Course Duration: Four Hours
Course Host: Dr. Warren Leigh PhD
Course Cost: £195 (inc. VAT)
Module 2: Where Do We Start? A New Composite Product.
Contact for advanced booking. Places available monthly throughout the year.
Most engineers know that composite materials, such as Carbon Fibre or Glass Fibre, are comparitively light weight materials that offer high strength. But these versatile materials have many inherent properties that include stiffness, density, electrical conductivity, corrosion resistance, etc. The drivers that govern the selection of a composite material system may not totally depend upon cost, it may be performance, ease of manufacture or impact resistance.
So how do you choose the right composite material fibre and resin combination, composite material system or manufacturing method for your intended composite market product? What costs are associated with the choices that you are considering? The plethora of influential factors can be overwhelming, so module 2 of this course will explore some of these major concerns addressing the "design your new product" concept.
- Starting the composite design process
- Composite product material cost demands
- Hundreds of composite material systems - which one to choose
- How to define a laminate and the effects on performance, weight and cost
- Why hybrid composites may offer important benefits to your product
- How to avoid warp and twist failure of your new composite
- Will that fabric drape work on that tooling
- Utilise the tailored benefits of composite heterogeneity and directionality
- Basic and hidden cost structure associated with making a composite
- Define the counsel of debate - essential composite team members
- Learn from case studies and see what other companies have selected
High Peak Courses Ltd.
Mob: +44 (0) 7980 545231
Tel: +44 (0) 1663 635226